Thursday, November 20, 2008

Merry Happy

I really, REALLY like Kate Nash. She is a singer, and I can relate to her lyrics so much. Her voice is beautiful, and her songs are so pretty and catchy, I get them stuck in my head for days.

"I wish I was your favorite girl,
I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world.
I wish my smile was your favorite kind of smile
I wish the way that I dressed was your favourite kind of style.
I wish you couldn't figure me out,
But you always wanted know what I was about.
I wish you'd hold my hand when I was upset,
I wish you'd never forget the look on my face when we first met.
I wish you had a favorite beauty spot that you loved secretly,
'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see.
Basically, I wish that you loved me,
I wish that you needed me,
I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three.
I wish that without me your heart would break,
I wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake.
I wish that without me you couldn't eat,
I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep."
[the nicest thing]

" My fingertips are holding onto the
Cracks in our foundations,
and I know that I should let go,
but I can't.
And everytime we fight,
I know its not right,
every time that your upset and I smile,
I know I should forget,
but I can't. "
[foundations]

"And I'm sitting at home on a Friday night and I hope everything's going to be alright
This is my face, I've got a thousand opinions and not the time to explain
And this is my body, and no matter how you try and disable it, I'll still be here
And, this, is my mind, and although you try to infringe you cannot confine
And, this, is my brain, and even if you try and hold me back there's nothing that you can gain."
[mouthwash]

"Why are you being a dick head for?
Stop being a dick head.
Why are you being a dick head for?
You're just fucking up situations.
Think you know everything,
You really don't know nothing.
I wish that you were more intelligent,
So you could see that what you are doing is.
So shitty, to me.
Thirty five, People couldn't count.
On two hands the amount of times you made me stop,
Stop and think why are you being such a dickhead for?
Cos my brain and my bones don't want to take, this anymore.
My brain and my bones don't want to take, this anymore."
[dickhead]

"It is like i'm always thinkin to myself
i'd like to meet someone else
it is like i'm always thinkin to myself
i'd like to meet someone else
darling don't give me shit
cos i know that your full of it
(your full of shit, your full of shit)
darling don't give me shit
cos i know that your full of it
(your full of it, your full of it)"
[the shit song]

"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't fuck everything else up.
sometimes I think that you hate me.
And other times I think that you think I'm endearing
sometimes I just don't know you at all,
even though i'd like to think i was a bit of a know-it-all.
well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't fuck everything else up."
[stitching leggings]

"It's just sometimes,
When like
You're feeling a bit down or whatever,
You tend to like, lose sight of things,
Like your perspective and stuff,
And like everything's worse than it actually is,
Ya know what I mean,
Yeah yeah I know,
Sometimes in our lives,
We can lose sight of things,
They seem worse than in eyes than they actually have been,
Got to keep in our minds some positive ,
Some people it's not a choice if you live,
Life goes up and life goes down,
Life can be so bad and then turn around,
Got to keep two feet on the ground,
Got to keep in our minds everything's not black and white,
Gotta fight for our rights,
Try and be happy and you'll be alright
Try 'n' give us a smile and everything'll be alright,
Try and be happy and you'll be alright,
Try 'n' give us a smile,
Don't get how someone would buy stuff you don't need,
Too much money, drugs, sleep, sugar, clothes
Whatever,
All of it will make you feel like shit if you have too much of the same thing,
Just balance it out a bit,
Go for walks, read the news, get some good, loyal friends, let yourself be amused by little things,
And remember- be in tact, stay calm and deep breathe."
[a is for asthma and annoying]

No comments: